Saturday 1 August 2020

Off we go

 

In between the longer trips upcountry, I am searching for green spaces where Ayiko [and I] can roam. As a result of the exposure to the rolling hills of the countryside, our little home with its tiny swatch of grass feels restrictive. Quite often when Ayiko feels like he's reached his threshold of patience, he'll grab our shoes, my bag, my sun hat and the baby's carrier. Then, he'll lead me to the door, as if to say, 'we gotta get outta here!' We need a regular diet of green spaces.

So, now, I'm looking for safe places that are close enough for a day trip. For those times when I cant invest in an entire weekend of travel and exploration, these are the discoveries we've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kiwatule Recreation Centre

  This is an oldie and a goodie. Until recently, the only time I had been to Kiwatule Recreation Centre was in 2003. At the time, I was conv...